WHAT IS A BURPEE?
Burpees is a type of high-intensity exercise that makes use of body-weight as resistance. It involves both the upper body and the lower body. It is a complex exercise that involves several sequences of movements done one after the other.
HOW TO DO BURPEES?
The classic burpee is a four-step exercise-
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Squat down and put both hands on the floor in front of you with straight arms.
- Do a squat thrust in which you pop your feet backward into a plank position.
- With a frog jump, bring your feet forward.
- Stand back up and finish off with a jump squat with your arms reaching overhead.
VARIATIONS OF BURPEES
The variations of burpees produce different effects. You can do several variations of burpees. Like, in the second step of burpees, a new component can be added after the plank position. It can be a push-up, mountain climbers, side-plank, a superman’s. Also, while jumping back, a star jump or broad jump can be done in place of a straight jump or jumping over a box. Regular burpee can be done over a medicine ball and with dumbbells in hands.
BENEFITS OF BURPEES
- It helps in burning out the fat.
- It builds stamina.
- Burpee is a perfect exercise to build the strength-endurance component of physical fitness. It refers to cardiovascular endurance and strength capability. So, with burpees, you can garner the benefits of both strength training and aerobic exercise.
- It is also a good exercise to improve your balance, coordination, and agility.
- It can be done anywhere and doesn’t require any equipment.
Burpees is a challenging exercise. It is fast and explosive. It should be progressed slowly and according to your body limits.
STAY HEALTHY! STAY ACTIVE!
Send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.