According to WHO, the lifetime prevalence of non-specific (common) low back pain is estimated at 60% to 70% in industrialized countries.
Low back pain is the number one cause of disability in the world. Therefore, it’s of utmost importance that people with low back pain must follow some precautions.
- Avoid any activity that increases low back pain like bending forward and lifting heavy weight.
- Correct body posture-Maintain the lumbar curve/ lordosis.
- Take back support while sitting, adjust the chair height so that feet should be placed firmly on the ground, or use a footrest or footstool.
- Avoid stooping- always bend your knees while keeping the back straight while lifting anything from the ground or lower surface.
- While exercising for back muscles also work for abdominal muscles to avoid any muscle imbalance.
- Use a firm mattress for sleeping.
- While getting out of the bed, first take a side turn, then brings your legs down and then finally raise the upper body.
- Do use a lumbar corset especially during traveling.
- Avoid prolonged use of a corset as it makes your back muscles weak and deconditions them.
- Avoid sitting posture for prolonged periods of time.
Take care of your low back by following these precautions.
Send your queries to email@example.com